EKR (Eli Kirk Riser) is a combination of three seasoned agencies. When Lance Black and Jarid Love established Eli Kirk in 2001, they fused together business and lightsabers, cowboys and technology. They successfully raised Eli Kirk for nine years before marketing veteran Bill Brady, co-founder of M2 Results, joined the ranks. He brought not only marketing expertise but champion pie-making skills. A few years later, the eclectic crew found Michael Janda, former senior creative director at Fox, founder of Riser and bobblehead connoisseur. A perfect fit. With these four fearless leaders at the helm, EKR is over 80 people strong answering your call for super marketing.
Lance Black (Partner & CEO)
Lance graduated from Brigham Young University with an undergraduate degree in computer science and an MBA. As CEO, he oversees the company’s operational performance, is heavily engaged in business development and works with the executive team to establish vision and culture. He is a charismatic leader and consummate problem solver.
Jarid Love (Partner & CTO)
Jarid received a computer science degree from Utah Valley University before co-founding Eli Kirk with Lance in 2001. He is an accomplished programmer and effective leader who has personally built Eli Kirk Riser’s 20-person development team and directs the programming of all websites and mobile apps produced by the company.
Bill Brady (Partner, President, CMO)
Prior to his arrival at Eli Kirk in 2010, Bill owned a Salt Lake City brand strategy firm for 11 years, guided Wall Street PR for a billion-dollar publicly traded company and directed global PR for an international software company. Bill graduated with a degree in PR from BYU, where he served as student body president. At Eli Kirk Riser, Bill shares oversight of the company’s day-to-day operations, oversees business development and guides the work of the agency’s marketing services team.
Michael Janda (Partner & CCO)
Michael founded the creative agency Riser in 2002 following his service as a senior creative director at Fox Studios. In 2015, Riser merged with Eli Kirk becoming the “R” in the newly branded agency, EKR. Michael now serves as chief creative officer, guiding the company’s creative vision and overseeing the design services provided by the company. He is a studio art graduate from Indiana University and author of the book, Burn Your Portfolio (Peachpit Press, 2013), a top-selling book in the design industry.
Inc. 500/5000 Winner
EKR was recognized as one of the fastest growing privately held companies in the nation in 2013. Our incredible growth landed us the #1657 spot on the list. In addition to this national recognition, EKR has been recognized six times as one of Utah’s fastest growing businesses.
- 2015 – Best of State Award (Graphic Design)
- 2015 – Best of State Award (Interactive Multimedia)
- 2014 – Best of State Award (Graphic Design)
- 2014 – Best of State Award (Web Design)
- 2014 – Best of State Award (Interactive Multimedia)
- 2013 – Inc. 500/5000 Fastest Growing #1657
- 2013 – Best of State Award (Graphic Design)
- 2013 – Best of State Award (Web Design)
- 2013 – Best of State Award (Interactive Multimedia)
- 2013 – AIGA 100 Award of Merit (Nat Geo Genographic Site)
- 2012 – Bill Brady: BusinessQ Magazine’s “40 Under 40”
- 2012 – UV50 14th Fastest Growing Company in Utah Valley
- 2012 – Best of State Award (Graphic Design)
- 2012 – Best of State Award (Web Design)
- 2012 – Best of State Award (Interactive Multimedia)
- 2011 – Michael Janda: BusinessQ Magazine Cover
- 2011 – Awwwards Site of the Day
- 2011 – Best of State Statue (BOSS) Science and Technology
- 2011 – Best of State Award (Graphic Design)
- 2011 – Best of State Award (Web Design)
- 2011 – Best of State Award (Interactive Multimedia)
- 2011 – FWA Award for Tropicana Tropolis
- 2010 – Michael Janda: BusinessQ Magazine’s “40 Under 40”
- 2010 – Art-Spire 100 Best Digital Agencies in the World
- 2010 – BusinessQ Magazine “Best Website” in Utah Valley
- 2010 – Best of State Award (Graphic Design)
- 2009 – Best of State Award (Graphic Design)
- 2009 – Fast 50, 25th Fastest Growing Company in Utah
- 2009 – MWCN, 36th Fastest Growing Company in Utah
- 2009 – UV50, 23rd Fastest Growing Company in Utah Valley
- 2009 – Gold Addy for Warner Bros. Lego Batman Website
- 2009 – Addy Judge’s Choice, Lego Batman Website
- 2008 – CSS Hive Top 10 List
- 2008 – MWCN, 43rd Fastest Growing Company in Utah
- 2008 – UV50, 17th Fastest Growing Company in Utah Valley
- 2007 – CSS Mania Top 10 Best Designed Sites of the Year
- 2007 – viaVerio Outstanding New Partner Award
- 2006 – Promax/BDA Gold, ABC Family “Beautiful People”
Best of State Winner x23
Not to brag—well, maybe a little—but we win a lot of awards. Like, a lot. In 2016, we took home the title for Best Advertising Agency in Utah plus Best of State awards for graphic design, interactive multimedia, web design and web development.