EKR is seeking a UX Designer. Side by side with the design team, you will be placed in a position allowing for effective collaboration, learning and creativity. Our ideal candidate has a track record of designing flows and wireframes with a strong bias towards user-centric design. The ability to focus in a fast-paced with Product Managers, Engineers, and Designers in an agile environment. The UX Designer is responsible for researching, creating and developing digital concepts and specifications that optimize the structure and behavior of screen- based, software solutions for the mutual benefit of both user and business. Work within this job family falls into three major categories: (1) enhancements- changes to original design and extensions to existing programs. (2) new Visual Design and UX designs (3) strategic interaction and interface design – new or improved Ix design language, user interface style guides, design archetypes, reusable design assets, etc.
- Leads multiple project teams of designers and internal and outsourced partners responsible for all stages of UI design and development for a portfolio of complex products and platforms, including design architecture, language, validation, and specifications.
- Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced partners on UI design and development. Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with UI design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and UI design.
- Develop high level mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate design ideas.
- Ability to sketch high-level and detailed ideas individually and during working sessions.
- Work closely with immediate team of Product Managers, Marketing Managers, Developers and Content Strategist.
- Leverage available insights including market analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings in all design activities.
- Consider all parts of the experience, from copy to animations to business model, when designing
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall Visual design leadership and perspective to cross- organization projects, programs, and activities.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies and design language into projects and activities in the Visual design organization.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in User Interface Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience.
- Broad experience with application of design theories, principles, and concepts to a portfolio of multiple information technology and consumer products and services designs.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Broad understanding and experience in designing and implementing research and data collection plans for interactive and interface design testing and acceptance.
- Reviewing and evaluating designs for alignment with overall product architecture; recommending and implementing changes to designs and technology to improve product quality and overall interactive and interface design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate interactive and interface design data, design proposals and product specifications and negotiate options at senior management levels.
- Excellent skills in creative design tools (Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, and prototyping tools, such as InVision, Framer and Webflow)